Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Listen

I just listened to this youtube video of Will Smith's wisdom. He's a very determined, smart man. I really enjoyed listening to it and think I'll bookmark it and listen to it when I get feeling like I won't get to where I'm going, like the end is too far.

"You don’t try to build a wall. You don’t set out and say ‘I’m gonna build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that has ever been built’. You say ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid’. You do this every single day, and soon you have a wall" - Will Smith

I will remember this. I will remember this when I'm thinking about the 50 lbs I have to lose. I will remember that whatever I do today is going to be help me get there, and that the most important part of this journey is what you do every single day. It's not the end, it's about the time it takes to get there.

Listen to it, it may be the best 9 minutes of your day.




1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Wonderful words of wisdom, thanks for sharing this link.