Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Can you hear that?

The grass has been growing over this blog, I haven't felt very blogger-ish lately.

I've hinted before that things have been kind of rough lately and I've been allowing myself to wallow in self-pity. But seriously, where the hell has that ever gotten anyone? Nowhere. It does nothing for my mind, my body nor my soul.

I'm kind of out of sorts without my Lean and Fit class. I was supposed to start running, but the baby was sick (in the hospital) last week so he kind of dominated my thoughts, I put myself on the back burner. Now we are kind of doing some jiggling around in terms of my work, Jeff's work and figuring out daycare and school, so after I put the kids to bed I'm wrapped up in that and haven't fit in a stitch of exercise.

But I'm dealing with things that I've been doing my best to ignore for a long time, they certainly aren't fun things to deal with, but I couldn't put them off anymore. And it's like everything - facing your fears always works to your advantage.

I have also recommitted to eating well. I'm counting calories and cutting out all treats. It's very disappointing to me that I start work in a month and I still can't fit into my work clothes. I can't buy a whole new wardrobe at this size, so I hopefully can find a few cheap pieces to get me through the interim.

I forsee life getting a whole lot busier soon.

I can't guarantee I will be back blogging any time soon, or regularly (maybe random drive by's?) but I hope everyone is safe, healthy and happy.

4 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Sorry to hear your little guy was so sick. Hope he's feeling 100% soon. Looks like you've got alot going on. Good luck with getting things figured out. Just do what you can and try not to stress. All the best.

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it! Just to comment, you do what you can when you can in regard to all aspects of life. We can only do so much, if you put forth the effort, you'll see the results, it might not be as immediate as we would like but it will have to do especially with houses to run, work to go to, and sick babies! Hang tough!

Gina fitby41maybe42 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby being sick. That is so worrisome.

I have absolutely no advice because I was horrible at weightloss during the baby years (and the toddler years). My youngest is now 4, and I'm just now feeling a little more freedom to exercise and think. I was mindless.

Are you looking forward to going back to outside work (besides the clothes)?

Gina Fit by 41, Maybe 42 said...

How's your little one?

I'm not sure if I read this on your blog (I thought it was yours), but didn't you mention that raw zucchinis are better than cooked? Anyway, I tried that in my salad, and it was better. Thanks for the idea.